- Recognize good behavior out loud and be specific in your praise - make sure your child knows what they did right.
- Kids with attention deficit disorder respond best to specific goals and daily positive reinforcement—as well as worthwhile rewards.
- Together with your child, write down specific and realistic goals and then discuss ways your child can reach them.
- Plan rewards for improvements and successes that are sustainable, motivating, and available each day after school.
- Create enjoyable morning and afternoon routines to keep your child focused and your family running smoothly.